This post was inspired by Lori Mould and a recent trip we took to the Loomis’s Delevan Drive In. The Drive In is not very popular anymore because large multiplex theaters take up most of the action. Lori and I had a great time though we saw the new Cats and Dogs 2 movie and the Tom Cruise movie Knight and Day. Both were good movies and I thought Knight and Day was very good considering I’m not much of a Tom Cruise fan.
Some benefits of the Drive In that you should think about before going to a traditional movie theater:
- Basically, it is two movies for the price of one
- You can bring in your own food
- The concession stand isn’t insanely expensive like it is at the movie theater food arena
- The great outdoors
- You can almost always get as close as you need to be
- No pre-ordering required for tickets